We have a full schedule of events for the cycling season, including our unique Wright Stuff Century. All cyclists are cordially invited to participate in our rides. Just show up, wear a helmet, and sign a liability waiver. There is no fee unless noted in this schedule. We hope you’ll enjoy yourself enough to become a member of the club.
Bombay rides are scheduled from April through November and go rain or shine. Starting times and starting points are listed on the Ride Schedule page. You can also download and print the schedule here.
During the winter months, members can join scheduled BBC Zwift Meetup rides. The Zwift Virtual Rides page is your resource for everything Zwift. Here you will find information to help you with equipment choices, using Discord and participating in BBC Zwift rides.
- Thursday Night Rides – social group rides of about 25 miles, starting at various locations out of town. Participants are encouraged to stay and socialize at a local restaurant following the ride.
- Women Led Rides – “No-Drop” rides of short to medium distances with a focus on riding as a group. Women lead the rides and set the pace. These are social rides, often with planned stops along the way to refuel and regroup. Men may join the fun, too!
- Sunday Rides – Sunday rides usually have long, medium and short options. Start points are mostly close to Madison. Ride leaders typically “sweep” the route. Novice riders are encouraged to ride the shorter routes. It may be difficult to ride in groups because of the varied route options and pace of riders.
Mileages are stated for the long, medium and short loop options of all Saturday and Sunday rides. You will also find a hilliness rating for the longest loop of the ride. Folks, this is art, not science, but we hope it helps you choose rides you’ll enjoy.
- Flat Rides feature little or no climbing
- Rolling Hills rides feature relatively gentle hills
- Moderately Hilly rides feature a modest number of climbs that are not unusually steep or long
- Hilly rides have many climbs and some may be quite steep or long
- Very Hilly rides are good choices for riders who really enjoy climbing and descending hills
General BBC Ride Information
We encourage people to ride at their own pace; our rides are not races. Typically, the ride leader will use staggered starts to group riders of similar pace.
While the Bombay Bicycle Club of Madison, Inc. cannot assume responsibility for riders or their equipment, ride leaders will assist riders in any way they can. We require you to wear a helmet and recommend a multi-speed bicycle in safe operating condition. A water bottle is essential (two in summer) and you should be adequately prepared to fix a flat (spare tube, pump, patch kit, tire levers, and know-how).